The summer school venue is situated at the Science Faculty of Angers University (2 Boulevard Lavoisier Angers).
Angers is a beautiful city in western France, about 300 km southwest of Paris. It is the historical capital of Anjou and was for centuries an important stronghold in northwestern France.
Courses will take place at the Faculty of Science, building A and F (see map below).
An icebreaker reception will be hosted on the evening of 19th June in building A (see map below). The 2nd day is reserved for a field trip to the Bourgneuf bay, situated at 130 km from Angers off the Atlantic coast in the Loire atlantic department.
Angers can be reached by a direct train connection from Paris Charles De Gaulle airport (2.5 hours).
Upon arrival at the train station (Angers Saint-Laud), the Faculty of Science can be reached by buses numbers 1 and 14, from the stop “Angers - Gares Papin” to the stop “Angers - Restaurant Universitaire”. This journey takes 20 to 25 min.
The faculty of science is directly accessible following the plan below.
A selection of local hotels is provided below to assist you with your accommodation requirements. The prices are for one night and are given only as indications. They may vary.
The list is not exhaustive and there is a wide variety of accommodation for all price ranges available in the city.
Hotel apartment (Equipped kitchenette):
- Appart’City Angers 58 € Web Site
- Appart Hotel Avril de la Roche 79 € Web Site
Near the train station:
- Hôtel Citotel l'Univers (2*) 2 Place de la Gare 62 € Web site
- Le Grand Hôtel (3*) de la Gare 5 Place de la Gare 61 € Web Site
- Hôtel de France (4*) 8 place de la gare 100 € Web Site
- Hôtel des Plantes 12 Rue Savary 73 € Web Site
- Le Continental 14 Rue Louis de Romain 60 € Web Site
- Hôtel Molière (1*) 2 Rue de la Roë 40€ Web Site
- Hôtel du Mail (3*) 8 Rue des Ursules 89 € Web Site
- Hôtel Saint Julien (3*) 9 Place du Ralliement 67 € Web Site
- Le Royal Hôtel (2*) 8 Place de la Visitation 45 €
- Hotel Des Lices (3*) 25 Rue des Lices 52€ Web Site